Basic Dutch Baby Pancake
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 35grams butter
Depending on your personal preference, what's in season etc. you can top the pancake with almost anything you can imagine. Want ice-cream on there? Go for it! How about those fresh peaches you just got? Not a problem! I've listed some of the toppings that I've used. Feel free to try out as many toppings as you want and share them with us if you want :)
- Powdered sugar
- Caramelized peaches with a dash of rum & ice-cream
- Black current jam and fresh raspberries
- Variety of berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries etc.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 225°C. Place your iron skillet into the oven.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until frothy. Add flour, vanilla essence, salt, and sugar. Combine until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Whisk for an additional 15-20 seconds.
3. Set bowl aside on the kitchen for 20-30 min. This allows the flour to fully absorb the liquids. If you're in a hurry, setting it aside for 10 minutes should be fine.
4. When ready, remove the skillet from the oven (take care not to burn yourself) and melt the butter. Pour the batter into the skillet and return to oven.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it has reached the desired golden color. Proceed to apply your desired toppings and serve while still warm.
..with berries & sugar