- 2 small eggplants
- 75 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. granulated brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. In a small bowl or cup, combine all ingredients and stir until as much sugar as possible is dissolved.
3. Slice each eggplant (lengthwise) into 2 halves. Cut three lengthwise shallow grooves in each half (fleshy side) or create your own pattern (e.g. diamond) if you wish.
4. Brush each half with soy sauce mix. Make sure to save some for later.
5. Place eggplants in a lined roasting pan (fleshy side facing upwards) and roast for 15 min. Remove from oven and brush again with additional soy sauce mix. Return to oven and bake for additional 15-20 minutes or until it has reached the desired char
6. Remove from oven and brush with remaining soy sauce mix. Serve immediately!
...served with fried chicken