CHEESY DUTCH BABY PANCAKE
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. granulated brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2-3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 225°C.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, milk, eggs, salt, and sugar. Whisk thoroughly until smooth (approx. 1-2 min). Let rest on kitchen counter for 15-20 minutes. This will allow the flour to absorb the liquid.
3. Place cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is very hot, lower the heat to medium-low, melt the butter and immediately add the onion to the pan. Fry the onion until soft and just starts to turn golden-brown. Pour in the dough mixture and sprinkle the baby spinach and thyme on top. Transfer pan into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. The pancake should be very puffy with a nice golden-brown color to it.
4. Serve with more cheese and/or cherry tomatoes if you wish.