Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner
Serves 2-4 people
4-6 chicken thighs
4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp freshly ground mustard seeds
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
olive oil for frying
6-8 baby potatoes (washed, with skin on)
6-8 red onion bulbs (small)
2 peaches (sliced into wedges)
1 head of garlic (sliced halfway, horizontally)
100g baby plum tomatoes
150g feta cheese (patted dry)
150g green olives
salt and pepper
1 tbsp thyme
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Place chicken in an adequately sized bowl and squeeze lemon juice over the chicken. Rub chicken to ensure that it's covered in lemon juice on all sides. Season with salt. Let rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. In a clean plastic bag, combine the flour, ground mustard, pepper, and smoked paprika. Toss chicken in the flour mixture until all surfaces are evenly coated. Place chicken (in the plastic bag) in the refrigerator and let rest for 30 min - an hour.
4. Prepare your baking tray/pan. Place potatoes, onions, peach, garlic, and tomatoes in a bowl. Rub with generous amounts of olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper, and thyme. Place in baking tray.
5. Heat olive in in frying pan. Place chicken in pan (skin side down) and fry for 2-3 minutes. Turn chicken over and frying for an additional 2-3 minutes. Place chicken in baking tray (skin side down). NB: the goal is not to cook the chicken. Rather, you want to create a light golden crust on the chicken before placing it in the oven.
6. Place tray in oven and let cook for 20 minutes. In the meantime, rub olives in olive oil and thyme. Cut the block of feta cheese into four even chunks. At the 20 min mark, remove tray from oven and add feta cheese and olives. Drizzle olive oil over the feta cheese. Flip the chicken and potatoes over. Return tray into oven, lower temperature to 200°C and let cook for an additional 25 - 30 minutes.
7. Enjoy whilst still warm!